Friday, February 22, 2013

Humble Bee

Bumble Bee Clipart Photo
This is not for Georgia Tech Mascot!
Image Link: http://vector-magz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/bumble-bee-clipart2.png

"Bzzzz. Bzzzz." That is a sound of bumble bee during spring and summer. But certainly, here in this world, that "bzzzz" bumble bee sound is more like smartphone notification sound or rather, people twitting or updating their statuses about their "proud" life.
I am officially sick and tired of this "bzzz" social media showing off. Every time I go on Facebook, Tumblr, and etc. it's all about 'their' life. Of course, that is what social media is for, but it's not just a regular "show off".

Example 1:
There is a woman who is a wife of a pastor, and she loves posting/updating her statuses by posting a picture of her "beautiful" daughter and captioning the photo by saying stuff: "My daughter... Why are you so PRETTTYYYY?????", "My beautiful and smart daughter!", "Why is my daughter so preetttyyy?", "my beautiful daughter and handsome husband," and etc. (I can literally go on and on).

This is how it looks if I were in her shoes...

My beautiful baby! Why are you so gorgeous and beautiful???? Can someone tell me???
I am not disagreeing with her. Trust me... I think she's pretty. What makes me mad is the fact that she shows off her daughter WAY TOO MUCH! I understand that she is an only child for her, but that does not mean that you have to show-off. What you should do especially as a pastor's wife and a woman who studied theology, is simply appreciate the fact that you have a daughter--and, be thankful without saying it in front of everyone. There are thousands of women out there who cannot conceive a child. Even in the Bible, it says that conceiving a child and starting a family is a gift. Take the gift, don't brag about it, move on and live as it goes.

Example 2:
I see this A LOT! Students who apply to colleges "must" (it's almost as if it's illegal to not post something like this) update their statuses saying what college they got in and etc..
True, it is amazing that you officially got into college, and you are showing your 'intelligence' but what is not true and wrong about it is that no one needs to praise or give attention to you just because you got in to *blank* college.

This is how it looks like all the time...
                   Status update: GOT INTO AUBURN!!!
                   Status update: Guess who is going to Berklee? This girl! MEEE!!
                   Status update: *picture of the acceptance letter* Accepted to Boston University!

This is awfully annoying and seems like everyone just wants attention and be praised by others. Do not prove your intelligence through those acceptance status updates. Maybe try proving it by actually being humble. How is that a proof then? It's a proof because you are showing more intelligence by not showing off about it.

Example 3:
THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FOR PARENTS! Almost all parents brag about their kids. There is no need to brag about them. You know why? Because we get it. Of course, it's your baby and child. Of course you will be proud. In fact, almost every parent in the world has at least one thing that they must be proud of their child (unless parents abuse their children or children escape from home).

This is how it looks like 24/7 everyday, everywhere and infinite and beyond...

Mom 1:Hey my daughter just applied to early decision scholarship program.
Mom 2: oh wow....that's demanding! My daughter took the SAT last month and we got her score back, she got 2100!
Mom 1: wow! Congratulations! my daughter just tries when she can; she doesn't seem like she's trying hard these days...
Mom 2: oh really? my daughter never takes a nap after school and studies until 1 am.
Mom 1: wow. she is very determined.
Mom 2: she doesn't even miss any school. She's really smart and I think she can get a perfect score next time. She wants to go to Penn State University... you know her cousin went to Penn state and became a dentist.
Mom 1: looks like she will be successful!

 BAM... THAT RIGHT THERE IS A TYPICAL CONVERSATION THAT I HEAR ALL THE TIME!
That's not it... here's more...

*picture of a baby* "my sweet little boy. Mama loves him!"

seriously....

Can we all make those stupid, crappy, and aggravating "braggy" statuses and conversations into humble bee? Don't buzz like a loud bumble bee. Buzz like a Humble Bee!



No comments:

Post a Comment